9 November, 2015
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
I am absolutely thrilled to have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Millie Thom, l am ever so grateful. Thank you very much, Millie, your blog: https://milliethom.wordpress.com/ is so inspiring, and the stories you write about are fascinating. More than a blog, it is a true encyclopedia where one can boost their general knowledge.
The rules of the award are:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you.
- Pass the award on to ‘N’ (as many as you want) other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Give your nominees 10 of your own questions to answer.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
Now, to answer the questions:
1. How would you describe what your blog is about?
If l say it is a food blog, it just does not sum up what it really is about. When l cook and share recipes and photos of my food, l also share a bit of myself, of who l really am and what l love. Food is not only about filling the stomach, food is also about pampering all your senses through taste, smell and touch. And when l cook, l also add a bit of my secret ingredient, which is passion. I always go that extra mile if l have passion for something.
2. Do you see your blog changing (as in expanding or developing in any way) at some stage in the future?
I would love to see my blog growing, as l’m planning to work on it regularly. Not only to share my food, but also because blogging is such an amazing experience, you come across wonderful people who have absolutely fantastic blogs.
3. Do you write your blog posts straight onto the WordPress page or onto a word document first?
I always write straight onto the WordPress page, as my ideas flow as l write. It is like living again the experience of cooking.
4. When you write do you need to be on your own or are you happy to write with others around you?
Multitasking is a skill that l am perfecting nowadays, as l have to juggle looking after my gorgeous baby girl, cooking, writing and doing the rest of the housework. So l have her with me when l write, which l love. There is no such a thing as relaxing while on maternity leave, although l do enjoy every single second of it.
5. Which is your favourite species of tree, and why do you like it?
I love the magnolia trees, there is nothing more beautiful than their blossoms in spring time.
6. If you were to have a day out somewhere easily reachable from your home, where would it be?
It has to be a park, especially on a beautiful sunny day. It must be that l grew up in the countryside, but how not to feel your heart filled with joy when you hear a bird singing, see the greenery around you and just enjoy those little things in life?!
7. Which ‘celebration’ (annual or otherwise) in the country where you live do you enjoy the most?
Christmas, definitely. Words just cannot describe the emotion of Christmas, having the loved ones around you, sharing happy moments that you’ll treasure forever. And then, there is decorating your Christmas tree, there are presents, carols, Santa coming. Oh, and the snow, the cold, the happiness.
8. Which way would you choose to travel, given the choice: car or train?
I’ve always been travel sick, which is horrible. I cannot possibly travel long distances by car, although l seem to be fine if l travel by train. And it’s more fun this way anyway. And way more comfortable.
9. Which subject did you enjoy the most at school?
I’ve always loved foreign languages. In fact, l can speak several languages, Romanian, which is my mother tongue, English, of course, French, Spanish, Portuguese, l can understand Italian, l know a few words and the alphabet in Russian and l once started to study Turkish, but l gave up because l did not have enough spare time, although l’m hoping to learn it one day.
10. What do you think is the best thing about being a woman today?
Being able to follow your dreams, having the freedom of choosing how you want to live your life.
My nominees are:
Ronit Penso Tasty Easts
Linda La Petite Panière
Frances Loving Leisure Time
Marion Little Miss Traveller
Questions for my nominees:
- When did you start blogging?
- What is your blog about?
- What is your favourite food?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favourite book?
- If you were to travel back in time, which era you wish you had lived in?
- What is the personality you most admire?
- What is the happiest childhood memory you have?
- What country would you like to visit in the near future?
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Thank you all!